Thursday, April 5, 2012

Action


         We cannot access what is honest and where to find truth if there is no action to observe in the first place.  As I have left former relationships, I’ve taken the time to try to find the truth in these situations.  First, I look at the actions of my partner, as well as the action of us together and, most importantly, the actions of my own character while involved with this particular person. I have recently come out of a relationship, and once again, I my turn my attention towards the actions that transpired.  We have been friends for almost two years. Any action that either of us asks of each other, we did our best to fulfill. Most of the conflicts we had were the result of “talks.”
          I feel this is a common conflict that plays out between men and women.  So often, ego and emotion go “toe to toe,” and if the parties are not able to keep their egos and emotions in check, then it’s a matter of time before the two parties will go “blow for blow.”  (I don’t mean physically.  I’m referring more to insults and emotional abuse.)  Usually, the one with the most “ego” will talk less, and the one with more emotion will talk more, or vice versa.  Once again, the challenge lies in finding the balance.  Most importantly, in this situation, the priority is “how” and “when.”  The “how” references style and approach (as well as the “how” in quantity), and the “when” references the timing of knowing “when” to talk or “when” to take a walk, for instance.
          If we arrive at “blow for blow,” how do we step out of the ring and learn how to not let our egos and emotions get to this point?  We must first realize that there is nothing wrong with being in the ring, but it is our actions inside the ring that we should be cognizant of.  Just because two people are standing in a ring does not mean that they have to throw blows and make efforts to hurt each other.  The ring should just serve as a place where the two can settle a conflict.  It is the actions preformed in and out of the ring that may expose the truth of a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment