Thursday, April 5, 2012

Resting You - Rest with Peace


Where can I find a place void of all distractions?
 In this place, I hope unforced questions will surface.
Maybe  answers will rise. 
The answer that emerged to the first question regarding this “place” I need to find is…
my mind.

It was a challenge when I truly began to rest my energy. It felt extremely potent and dense. Something told me not to be overwhelmed by this feeling and the possibility of being still and calm in my mind would surface soon.  Beforehand, I feared this form of resting. Maybe I was in fear because, even though I was “still,” I was on a journey. I was going to the many places that would expose who I am, where I have been, what I was, who I am today, and what I can be tomorrow.  Regardless of whether I described this journey as meditation, praying, zoning out, recharging my batteries, or whatever else, feeling and being still is priority.  In this state, “resting” became more accessible, and my vision became sharper.  Although, sometimes, I struggled as I faced new visions of myself and my life and how I saw others.  One of the earliest conclusions I came to was that so many people have been conditioned to be something they are not.  As a result, many live a lie to their deaths, and when this day comes, they hope they will rest in peace.  I remember hearing my own “little voice” saying to rest with peace today and do not count on tomorrow. 
          There are plenty of moments when we feel in true sync with our nature, but a lot of us become scared and run back to our lies which seem to have a level of security. Why does it have security? Because we can make it up by rationalizing and accepting, regardless if it’s peace, pain, love, or hate. This becomes our safe place. This continual rationalization with our lives makes it hard for people to rest their energy because so many have to admit they lie to keep themselves moving forward.  Imagine if we fearlessly made honest efforts to understand and rest the energy we receive and give.  We would not only have the power, but we would begin to understand how to create our own personal, honest realities.

To reach a true feeling of peace,
we should always be grateful of our breath.
 With our breath alone, we can feel the essence of reality. 
Although, it should feel “still” and “steady.”
Thus, having  power to rest our mind, body, and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment