Thursday, April 5, 2012

Homes of Men and Women


         Most people feel that security starts at home. The key is our perception of where home exists.  I feel a secure home always starts from within. Then we can take a step on the outside into the surroundings that are close to us and our souls.
          I feel some women only comprehend a portion of this notion.  A few of the women I have been involved with spend the majority of their time and energy taking care of what is innately close to them, without taking care of the essence of their home, which is their soul or their “base.”  Many times, men take advantage of this fact. Yet, often in time, men lose interest because they realize they are standing beside a place where the soul is not clean, safe, or has enough room to grow the way a good home should.
          Men can be just as guilty in this unbalanced situation because they make choices mainly on the “curb appeal” of a home, rather than by doing a proper inspection. This is the home men invest their time in, though they might only be occupied for the short term trying to fix it up to their liking.  As a result, a woman may feel like a “short-term rental” situation. 
          Clearly, I have made generalizations in this situation, and the roles can easily be reversed.  But, I do know for myself when I am dating that I always do my best to assess the situation at home.  And yes, I have had my share of poor assessments, being distracted by amazingly sculpted facades. But, fortunately, time, silence, and action have told me the truth and lead me to a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment