Thursday, April 5, 2012

Home Base


Our breath was the base of our birth. 
With the birth of our spirit and integrity,
we shall truly grow.

          There is no place like home. This couldn’t be more accurate than when we look inside ourselves. All good homes should start with love for our self. Then any home outside will just feel like you are walking inside of yourself.  The lucid energy that we carry will lead us to a loving presence in our souls.
I think home should be a solid environment, holding a place for our past, present, and future.  The clearer our vision is, the more enjoyable this base will be to live in.  The loneliness that we yearn to lose will dissipate with each encounter of making this base more stable.  The gifts presented in our base will soon feel as unattached treasures rather than desperate attempts to fulfill voids of self.  Then environments that are outside of our home will not have judgments and assumptions, but rather they will be filled with feelings of limitless support from others’ home bases.
          Sometimes, I find myself being overwhelmed yet blessed with the responsibility of others wanting my attention.  This is a tough balance I confront on a daily basis. One way I maintain the needs and time of my day is by breaking my time into four priorities.  I set aside time to work, time to serve others, time to play, and last and definitely not least, time for my base.  My base consists of preparing for the day, meditating, cooking, cleaning, food-shopping, paying bills, and anything that maintains my health and stability.  Having a solid base usually sets a firm foundation for self-discovery, self-love, and a good frame of mind.  I need this to deal with others so I can have the flexibility to make adjustments.  In return, I’ve strengthened my vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment