Thursday, April 5, 2012

Preface


I have no answers to life;
I only have extractions from experiences.
What I learned most from this reflective experience is that the truth rides a very thin line.  Sometimes, the truth is easy to see yet is hard to share, and as a result, it can be even harder to accept.  The truth of this book came from living life and allowing ideas to surface.  From these “ideas,” I hoped to transform them into a “feeling.” 

I often treated this book like painting, and I was the artist trying to get to the essence of my vision.  Maybe the viewer/reader will at look at this work, and it will resonate on some level… or maybe not.  I believe this possible connection between people and art is representative of how we experience any relationship.

I have lived by the idea that each artist has a choice.  He or she can labor to have others say look at “me” or love to do something that has others say look at “that.”  I’ve tried to do my best at accomplishing the latter.  Thus, the purpose of me writing this book was just to look at some of the things “that” I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment