Thursday, April 5, 2012

What to Do with my Energy?


         At some point, not having any expectation of how others interpreted the energy I gave off became crucial to maintaining my happiness.  How they digest and transform my energy is their choice.  For example, I can give love, and they could either transform love into hate, or they can transform it into a different form of love. The more I understood my own energy, the more I understood how it could possibly resonate with others.  When I first noticed this realization, I began to observe that the positive energy I gave at times created a lot of negative reactions.  This was difficult to handle because I felt like the carefree, loving kid that was being punished for being too friendly and positive.  Eventually, I found that if my positive nature was unwavering, the negative would soon retreat and eventually loving energy would surface.  As I recognized this trend, the more I realized this was the first fossil for me to find. So, I shoveled harder to find the truth of my energy as well as others.  I soon was able to rest my energy with a firm feeling of peace.
         
I have been giving the energy of love to my daughter’s mother for years, not with the intention to get back together but in efforts towards her happiness as a person. Day after day, week after weak, month after month, I continue to give the energy of love with the purest motivation.
         
Often, my efforts are viewed as false, or my love is transformed into a feeling that is less than love, and this is very challenging. During these times, I look toward my daughter as a role model because kids are blessed with a natural ability to be successful professionals at giving love purely. What qualifies a successful professional in any field?  Most make their tasks appear easy.  So, even though I strive for this pure love, sometimes people misinterpret my easiness.  This is most challenging when I feel strongly about my feelings, ideas, and viewpoints but still want to communicate with love.  But I think my daughter gave me the best advice the other day when she said,

“Dad, put your foot down, but put it down gently.”

No comments:

Post a Comment