Thursday, April 5, 2012

Buffing Happiness


         Often, the small details in life can draw upon larger forms of energy causing you to embrace feelings of happiness. Happiness can be found in so many small details of life.
There was a period of time in my life where a detail of my happiness was buffing a vinyl, tile cafeteria floor.  This brought me a peaceful tranquility.  I was a janitor at the time and noticed how this affected my energy after work, on a break, or even the following day.  I realized that my peace needed to be a priority and a constant decision for me because the next evening my boss could tell me to clean toilets, and I had no choice in the matter as much as I disliked it.  But the choice I do have is how much control of my mind I have over my present reality and how I could transform my present reality into a happy one.  The reality of feeling happiness purely lies in our minds, just as suffering.  So, if you desensitize yourself to suffering then the same can hold true towards feeling happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment